Monday through Thursday at lunchtime, Empire KVCR News has your daily news rundown. Stories highlighted today include:
- California lawmakers reconvened after an extended recess, leaving just over a month to work through roughly 700 pending bills.
- Governor Newsom is sending 52 million dollars to the Central Valley to help control coronavirus outbreaks.
- Recent social media posts have made questionable claims about vote by mail.
- The U.S. Navy’s newest amphibious assault ship leaves Mississippi and heads to San Diego port.
- Temperatures will start heating up though Riverside County as part of a heat wave heading into the weekend.