KVCR Mission Statement
The mission of KVCR is to be the trusted source for news, information, education, culture, and community engagement in the Inland Empire. We are building a better region through diverse local media that inspires and entertains in the community and the classroom. When people have access to free, accurate, local, and national news media, they are better informed and can participate more fully in the world around them. An educated community is a powerful community, able to advocate for themselves and their families. At KVCR this starts with our youngest learners, who will one day be our leaders.
Create a trusted destination facilitating conversation for an engaged citizenry, producing future leaders through media, and building a better future through community participation.
KVCR Statement on Diversity
KVCR strives to maintain and support a staff and program service for our radio station that reflects the communities it serves in the Inland Empire of Southern California, particularly San Bernardino and Riverside Counties. As a reflection of the diverse population and listenership in our coverage area, KVCR is a media outlet that celebrates the power of diversity on-air, online and in the workplace. KVCR believes that diversity considerations include race, gender, disability, protected veterans, religious belief, age, nationality, sexual orientation, gender-identity, physicality, education and socio-economic status.
Public media organizations like KVCR adhere to the Corporation for Public Broadcasting’s Diversity Eligibility Criteria in formally adopting goals for diversity and report any advancements or progress made in these areas to our community. Following this, KVCR has adopted the below goals and guiding principles related to diversity:
- To recruit, support, train and retain a diverse workplace that represents the community it serves. Particular attention is paid to the staff that create content.
- To produce content that includes diverse voices and perspectives, enabling cultural and social authenticity in the opinions expressed.
- To provide equal opportunity in employment and follow all EEO guidelines and principles set forth by our licensee San Bernardino Community College District.
- To create and maintain opportunities for emerging radio professionals from diverse backgrounds to develop the skills needed to succeed in Public Radio.
In closely aligning with the mission of our licensee, the San Bernardino Community College District, a Hispanic-Serving System/District, KVCR promotes and cultivates discovery and engagement in the Arts, Media and the Sciences with educational, thought-provoking programs and objective journalism that offers our audience a trustworthy safe-haven from commercially driven media outlets. Located in a powerfully diverse region that includes nearly 63% combined Hispanic, African-American and Native American populations, KVCR aims to reflect the variety of cultures, traditions and interests that makes the Inland Empire so unique and vibrant. KVCR actively develops and nourishes strong community relationships with our radio audience through local initiatives and events that celebrate the diversity, innovation and resilience of the Inland Empire. KVCR FM 91.9 is also a creative incubator and broadcasting platform for the students of San Bernardino Valley College and Crafton Hills College.
SBCCD Board of Trustees
The SBCCD Board of Trustees is the governing body of KVCR. For a schedule of regular monthly meetings, click here.
More information about the SBCCD Board of Trustees is available here.
- Executive Director: Connie Leyva - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director of Operations: Anthony Papa - email@example.com
- Director, Development & Strategic Relations: Manuel Saucedo firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marketing Coordinator: Lillian Vasquez - email@example.com
- Broadcast Technician: Robert Rienstra - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program Manager: Ben Holland - email@example.com
- Program Manager: Rick Dulock - firstname.lastname@example.org