3/17 KVCR Midday News: Crackdown on Catalytic Converter Thefts, Chipmaker Intel Invests in Semiconducter Research, & More
Tuesday through Thursday at lunchtime, KVCR News has your daily news rundown. Stories highlighted today include:
- A crackdown on vehicle catalytic converter thefts in and around Lake Elsinore has led to three arrests and the issuance of a dozen citations.
- GOP state lawmakers proposed several bills to confront California’s growing homelessness problem.
- Chipmaker Intel details $100 million education investment in semiconductor research in Ohio and nationally.
- The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center in Hawaii says there’s no longer a tsunami threat from Wednesday’s 7.3 magnitude earthquake off the coast of Japan.
- California aims to limit health care costs with new office.
- A company that marketed and sold a drinkable sunscreen has agreed to a legal settlement with the state of California to resolve allegations of deceptive advertising.