San Bernardino County Opens Vaccination Sites to Walk-Ups
San Bernardino County COVID-19 vaccination sites have extended their hours and are now accepting walk-ups. KVCR’s Megan Jamerson has more on what to expect.
In an effort to boost vaccination rates, 12 county-run vaccination sites are now open Tuesday through Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Appointments are encouraged but not required. Walk-ups will have to register on site and answer health screening questions before getting their jab. The locations include:
- Adelanto, Columbia Middle School (14409 Aster Rd.)
- Apple Valley, Our Lady of the Desert Catholic Church (affiliated with Providence St. Joseph Health, 18386 Corwin Rd.)
- Bloomington, Ayala Park Community Center (18313 Valley Blvd.)
- Hesperia, Hesperia Health Center (16453 Bear Valley Rd.)
- Joshua Tree, Copper Mountain College (6162 Rotary Way)
- Montclair, Montclair Place (5060 E North Montclair Plaza Lane)
- Ontario, Ontario Convention Center (2000 E. Convention Center Way)
- Rancho Cucamonga, Inland Empire Health Plan (10801 6th St.)
- Rancho Cucamonga, Rancho Cucamonga Sports Complex (8303 Rochester Ave.)
- Rialto, Grace Vargas Senior Center (1411 S. Riverside Ave.)
- San Bernardino, National Orange Show Event Center (689 South E St.)
- Victorville, Hook Community Center (14973 Joshua St.)
- Yucaipa, Yucaipa Senior Center (12202 1st St.)
According to a county newsletter, many local hospitals, pharmacies and health clinics are also now accepting walk-ups. To learn more visit sbcovid19.com.
The latest county data shows for all ages 34 percent of residents have been fully vaccinated. That’s slightly behind the state rate of 36.8 percent.