Monday through Thursday at lunchtime, Empire KVCR News has your daily news rundown. Stories highlighted today include:
- Riverside County has been awarded more than 14 million dollars for the construction of a sports park and a community park.
- The eight teams still standing in the 38th annual Riverside County Mock Trials Competition will confront each other in the elite round today.
- Meth addicts in California would be paid to stop using drugs under a bill introduced this week in the state Senate.
- A plan adopted Wednesday by the California Ocean Protection Council lays out goals to protect the Pacific coastline.
- Governor Gavin Newsom has designated over 14-thousand acres of land across California to be used for temporary housing for the homeless.