SATURDAY UPDATE: Wildomar Fire 50% Contained At 850 Acres; Evacuations Lifted
The Wildomar Fire burning near Lake Elsinore and Wildomar has consumed 850 acres and is 50 percent contained. On Friday evening, Oct 27, all evacuations associated with the Wildomar Fire were lifted and residents were allowed to return to their homes. If winds and weather cooperate, authorities anticipate full containment on Monday, Oct. 30.
As of the latest update last night (Friday, 6:00pm) from the USFS/Cal Fire Unified fire command, all evacuations in the area had been lifted. The Press-Enterprise reports online that includes some 200 homes that had been evacuated in the La Cresta area south of Lake Elsinore due to the Wildomar fire. Pe.com reports fire officials said Friday evening that 450 structures were threatened, none were destroyed or damaged.
Fire authorities say any roads that were closed over the past two days have been reopened. Authorities began allowing evacuated residents to return to their homes last night (Friday).
In their briefing last night, Unified command authorities projected that they'll have full containment of the Wildomar Fire by midday Monday, Oct. 30. Unified command says additional resources added since the fire began Thursday - including a surge in the number of firefighters to nearly 1000 - helped to strengthen containment lines and control the forward rate of spread of the blaze.
Moderate fire activity and interior burning is expected for the next few days. Command authorities hope that light winds and higher humidity levels will assist firefighting efforts. Night operations will continue for hand crews.
FOR OFFICIAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE WILDOMAR FIRE, CLICK HERE.