Monday through Thursday at lunchtime, Empire KVCR News gives a daily news rundown. Stories highlighted today include:
1. National forests may see more commercial projects in the near future.
2. Reports of gunfire lead to school lockdown in Eastvale.
3. California public school teachers spend on average more than $650 of their own money on school supplies each year.
4. A Salton Sea Odor Advisory is extended until Wednesday for higher than normal hydrogen sulfide concentrations.
5. A 73 year old man was arrested for allegedly starting a California wildfire.