The city of Riverside is accepting items for a time capsule that will be buried at the new Main Library in downtown Riverside.
Residents can bring items like photographs, documents and objects no bigger than two inches through April 30.
“We are excited to bring the new main library to our Riverside community,” said the City of Riverside’s Library Director, Erin Christmas in a news release. “This time capsule is a fun way to show the future stewards of our libraries what it was like to be a Riversider in the 21st century.”
The Main Library is a two story, 42,000 square foot building that will open later this year at 3900 Mission Inn Avenue.
Items can be dropped off at the following locations during “Library-to-Go” hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays from noon to 6:00 p.m., then on Fridays and Saturdays from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Arlington Library: 9556 Magnolia Avenue
• Arlanza Library: 8267 Philbin Avenue
• SSGT. Salvador J. Lara Casa Blanca Library: 2985 Madison Street
• SPC. Jesus s. Duran Eastside Library: 4033 Chicago Avenue Ste: C
• La Sierra Library: 4600 La Sierra Avenue
• Marcy Library: 6927 Magnolia Avenue
• Orange Terrace Library: 20010 Orange Terrace Parkway Ste: B.
To learn more visit www.RiversideCA.gov/library.