Monday through Thursday at lunchtime, Empire KVCR News has your daily news rundown. Stories highlighted today include:
- Rialto Unified School District hopes to resume distance learning classes next week for some students after a malware attack.
- California has begun approving applications to reopen elementary schools for in-person instruction under special waivers.
- The San Bernardino Police Department will be receiving another round of federal grant funding.
- A new Stanford-led study suggests the number of days with fire-prone weather have doubled since 1980.
- Triple-digit temperatures are expected in most parts of Riverside County today as a heat wave stretches on through Friday.