Monday through Thursday at lunchtime, Empire KVCR News has your daily news rundown. Stories highlighted today include:
- After nearly 3 months, a number of Riverside County facilities that were closed have reopened for regular business on Monday.
- California lawmakers passed a working budget in order to meet their constitutional deadline.
- Coronavirus cases climb as California’s economy reopens, but Governor Newsom says he isn’t worried, as numbers are attributed to increased testing.
- California Attorney General Becerra is calling for changes to law enforcement across the state, including implementing de-escalation tactics before using force.
- The first virtual Palm Springs International ShortFest begins, and will run until June 22.