Monday through Thursday at lunchtime, KVCR News has your daily news rundown. Stories highlighted today include:
- Governor Newsom is vowing to fight an effort to recall him from office.
- Alcatraz reopens for indoor tours after a yearlong closure.
- OxyContin maker Purdue proposes a $10 billion to exit bankruptcy.
- The California ethnic studies curriculum is expected to be approved this week, among a heated debate regarding its content.
- California’s attorney general and local officials say the nation’s largest senior living home operator misled consumers and broke laws intended to protect patients.
- California’s Democratic-controlled state Legislature is considering making it more difficult for local election officials to disqualify ballots.